WHAT IS CNG Full Form?
CNG Full Form-Compressed natural gas (CNG). It is a natural gas that is produced under pressure it remains odorless, clear, and non-corrosive. It is an alternative to the traditional petrol and diesel fuels for vehicles. CNG is also cheaper, greener, and more efficient. It is environmentally friendly. It does not produce air pollution and there is less amount of smoke is found or no smoke from vehicles.
CNG is composed of: –
- CNG is mainly composed of methane gas like gasoline, which produced engine power when mixed with air fed into your engine’s combustion chamber.
- The CNG has reached the combustion chamber it mixes with air and is ignited by the spark and the energy from the explosion moves the vehicle.
- CNG vehicles can use natural gas as either a liquid or a gas, most of the vehicles used the gaseous form compressed to 3000 psi
- CNG is compressed so that enough feel is stored in the vehicle to extend the range, much like the gasoline tank in the vehicle.
CNG VS LIQUID FUELS
|CNG is cheaper than petrol and diesel.||Liquid fuels are costly.|
|CNG price is one-fifth that of liquid fuels like petrol and diesel. The range of CNG is lesser than petrol and diesel.||Liquid fuels are more costly than CNG but the range of petrol and diesel is more than CNG.|
|CNG reduces maintenance costs because it does not contain additives And burns cleanly leaving no byproducts of combustion.||Liquid fuels maintenance are high they need oiling and the petrol and diesel contains additives which does not burn cleanly and they leave by-product of combustion|
|CNG does not contaminate your spark plugs and engine oil.||Liquid fuels contaminate the spark plugs and engine oil and thus need to be serviced from time to time.|
CNG Fueling is safe for the environment?
- CNG is good for the environment because it reduces the emissions of harmful CO2 and CO.
- CNG reduces 90 to 97 percent of carbon monoxide.
- CNG reduces the pollution in the air.
- CNG reduces the diseases of the respiratory system because it has low emissions of dust particles.
How CNG Fuel Gets To The Station?
- CNG gas arrives at the station at low pressure from a local gas utility line.
- An underground compression then takes place than fuel and compresses it to higher pressure.
- The compression of CNG gas is then transferred to storage vessels so that it can be delivered to another CNG station.
Has CNG Cost More Than Gasoline or Diesel….
No CNG does not cost more than gasoline or diesel.
The cost of CNG is half to price of diesel or gasoline.
Are there any companies, locally and Nationally use CNG for their expedition?
❖ For the CNG uses there are roughly 25 companies that are fed EX, Coca-cola, AT&T, and Verizon which encourages the usage of CNG to make clean cities.
CNG fuel has Benefits
- CNG has many benefits like it reduces the noise by 50% compared to diesel or gasoline vehicles.
- In increasing the 1% of natural gas production roughly 35000 jobs can be created. ✓ If the production is increasing then there must be more no. of CNG fuel stations.
Can we install a CNG kit in petrol operated vehicle?
If you want to install a kit of CNG in petrol operated vehicle you can contact the manufacturing company as some companies offer CNG
Kit installation with the proper safety equipment as per industry norms. Nowadays people’s in metro cities moving towards CNG or electric-operated vehicles due to the high prices of Fossil fuels.
CNG is available now only in limited areas due to less use of CNG so if you are living in a metro city you have the advantage to have a CNG station near you but if you are living in a rural/remote area it will be difficult for to find the CNG filling station. so, you have to choose wisely if you are going to purchase a CNG-powered vehicle.
Is CNG economical?
A question can be raised in your mind ‘is CNG economical?
The answer will be yes as compared to petrol and diesel or conventional fuel CNG is economical. you can see a difference if you use CNG as a fuel as this can reduce your fuel cost from 25 to 50% depending upon the various factors. Nowadays prices of fossil fuels are skyrocketing so alternative fuel has the potential to overcome the price increase issue.
CNG as a future fuel?
CNG can be the fuel of the future due to the limited supply of petrol and diesel but on the other hand, CNG also has a limited supply so it can serve as a supporting fuel in terms of usage, but it never can replace the petrol and diesel as a fuel.
Nowadays governments are focusing to use ethanol to be used in the future for vehicles that are using diesel and petrol.
In the above article, we have discussed CNG full and its uses like CNG. If you have any doubts, please email us we will clear all your doubts regarding CNG. Hope this article will provide you required knowledge about CNG.